Experienced Piano Teacher
About Brenda Jones
Brenda Jones is highly regarded as a music educator. Her enthusiasm, expertise and unique teaching style has produced students who love to play piano far beyond their childhood years.
Brenda also enjoys a diverse career as a solo/collaborative pianist and adjudicator. After achieving some of America’s highest honours for young pianists, including being named a Gilmore Young Artist and finalist for Presidential Scholar of the Arts, she pursued further studies in the UK and performed throughout Europe. She credits her pedagogical interests to her own teachers, John Perry at USC and Joan Havill at the Guildhall School, and considers it a great honour to have studied with these legendary musicians.
Brenda understands what it takes to become an elite level professional performer, having won 4th prize in the Dublin International Piano Competition and being a Semi-finalist in the Sydney International Piano Competition of Australia. Because of her experience and strength as a performer, Brenda always provides her students with targeted skills so they can develop into confident performing pianists.
After moving to Australia in 2005, Brenda gained further teaching expertise whilst on the full time music faculty at two leading Independent Schools in Sydney. Her students have received scholarships and achieved high marks in exams and competitions. She believes in teaching her students a wide variety of skills in addition to performing– including improvisation, composition, theory, and music history.
Brenda has recently performed as soloist with the Willoughby Symphony and served as Adjudicator for the piano divisions of Sydney Eisteddfod.
- Master of Music, University of Southern California, USA
- Bachelor of Music (Hons), University of Southern California, USA
- Certificate in Collaborative Piano, Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London, UK
- Master of Teaching, University of New England — In Progress
- Working With Children Check # WWC0640144E
- Solo & chamber concerts across the world
- Australian Chamber Orchestra and Sydney Symphony collaborator
- Radio performances on ABC Classic FM and Fine Music 102.5
- 4th prize, Dublin International Piano Competition
- Semifinalist, Sydney International Piano Competition
What Parents Say
Brenda has taught piano to my daughter from Kindergarten and she has been absolutely wonderful. My daughter adores her, has learned so much and most important of all, looks forward to her lessons and loves playing the piano. I have sat in on some lessons and can attest to Brenda’s dedication, endless patience and genuine rapport with her pupils. I can’t recommend her highly enough