Experienced Piano Teacher
About Brenda Jones
Brenda Jones is highly regarded as a music educator. Her enthusiasm, expertise and unique teaching style has produced students who love to play piano far beyond their childhood years.
Brenda also enjoys a diverse career as a solo/collaborative pianist and adjudicator. After achieving some of America’s highest honours for young pianists, including being named a Gilmore Young Artist and finalist for Presidential Scholar of the Arts, she pursued further studies in the UK and performed throughout Europe. She credits her pedagogical interests to her own teachers, John Perry at USC and Joan Havill at the Guildhall School, and considers it a great honour to have studied with these legendary musicians.
Brenda understands what it takes to become an elite level professional performer, having won 4th prize in the Dublin International Piano Competition and being a Semi-finalist in the Sydney International Piano Competition of Australia. Because of her experience and strength as a performer, Brenda always provides her students with targeted skills so they can develop into confident performing pianists.
After moving to Australia in 2005, Brenda gained further teaching expertise while on the full time music faculty at two leading Independent Schools in Sydney. Her students have received scholarships and achieved high marks in exams and competitions. She believes in teaching her students a wide variety of skills in addition to performing– including improvisation, composition, theory, and music history.
Brenda has recently performed as a guest with the Australian String Quartet, a soloist with the Willoughby Symphony and served as Adjudicator for the piano divisions of Sydney Eisteddfod.
- Master of Music, University of Southern California, USA
- Master of Teaching (Secondary), University of New England, Australia
- Bachelor of Music (Hons), University of Southern California, USA
- Certificate in Collaborative Piano, Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London, UK
- Working With Children Check # WWC0640144E
- Solo & chamber concerts across the world
- Australian Chamber Orchestra and Sydney Symphony collaborator
- Radio performances on ABC Classic FM and Fine Music 102.5
- 4th prize, Dublin International Piano Competition
- Semifinalist, Sydney International Piano Competition
What Parents Say
We feel privileged and grateful to have discovered Brenda and Forest Piano Academy. Brenda is an exceptional teacher who understands, not only how to teach a student to play well and read music, but how to motivate a student and inspire and instil life skills that go way beyond just learning to play songs. It has been a very rewarding journey seeing my daughter’s progress over the past couple of years and to witness her overcome challenges and reach new goals under the careful guidance and excellent teaching provided by Brenda.