Experienced Piano Teacher
About Brenda Jones
Brenda Jones has an excellent reputation as a pianist and music educator, with over 15 years experience teaching piano. Her enthusiasm, expertise and unique teaching style has produced students who love to play piano far beyond their childhood years.
Brenda enjoys a diverse career as a music educator and pianist. After achieving some of America’s highest honours for young pianists, including being named a Gilmore Young Artist and finalist for Presidential Scholar of the Arts, she pursued further studies in the UK and performed throughout Europe. She credits the foundation of her pedagogical knowledge to her own teachers, John Perry at USC and Joan Havill at the Guildhall School, and considers it a great honour to have studied with these legendary musicians.
After moving to Australia 12 years ago, she gained further expertise whilst being on the full time music faculty at 2 leading Sydney Independent Schools. Her students have experienced great success, receiving scholarships and achieving high marks in competitions and exams. She believes in teaching her students a wide variety of skills in addition to performing– including improvisation, composition, theory, and music history.
Brenda has recently performed as soloist with the Willoughby Symphony and served as Adjudicator for the piano divisions of Sydney Eisteddfod.
- Master of Music, University of Southern California, USA
- Bachelor of Music (Hons), University of Southern California, USA
- Certificate in Collaborative Piano, Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London, UK
- Master of Teaching, University of New England — In Progress
- Working With Children Check # WWC0640144E
- Solo & chamber concerts across the world
- Australian Chamber Orchestra and Sydney Symphony collaborator
- Radio performances on ABC Classic FM and Fine Music 102.5
- 4th prize, Dublin International Piano Competition
- Semifinalist, Sydney International Piano Competition
What Parents Say
Brenda has taught piano to my daughter from Kindergarten and she has been absolutely wonderful. My daughter adores her, has learned so much and most important of all, looks forward to her lessons and loves playing the piano. I have sat in on some lessons and can attest to Brenda’s dedication, endless patience and genuine rapport with her pupils. I can’t recommend her highly enough